Friday, January 28, 2011

AMANDA TAN'S RJ!!!!! ZOMG!

1a. Identify and elaborate on two factors that impact the success of a social media marketing campaign? Provide one example of a successful social media marketing campaign that has incorporated any of these two factors

What’s most important is really knowing the target audiences. After understanding the target audience, we would be able to know what they want to see and through social media, we can give them what they want.
Social media marketing campaigns would, to some extent, be effective. But I feel that what makes a campaign successful is its interactivity. When the flow of communication is not just from the company to the target audience but both ways, the consumers would feel that they are part of the company. They would feel a sense of belonging to the company rather than just another person that is giving the company money. This 2 way flow of communication is what made many social media marketing campaign successful.
1 successful campaign would be the ikea campaign where people tag themselves in the photos and they get what they tag. Aside from the part where ikea is giving out free things, the interactivity is was makes it chatworthy and make participants pass on the campaign. Ikea understands that no one rejects giveaways, and rather than just giving things out randomly, they made it interactive for the consumers. What makes this a successful campaign, is that it’s such a simple act which made people want to pass this on. (Y)

1b. In relation to your group’s social media marketing campaign for DMC, provide one example of how each factor identified in 1a has impacted the execution of this campaign.

For my team, we were given the task of handling the blog. When we first worked on this project, we asked ourselves what does the students out there (our target audience) want to see? We can all agree that secondary students are more interested in whether live in this course is fun or not. That is why we decided to upload articles that revolve around the life as a student in DMC and even reviews on the latest happenings such as movies (its coming up soon). In future, we hope that students from DMC would be able to contribute to the blog and tell the world about the fun that they don’t see.

2. Elaborate on two strengths and two weaknesses you see in yourself when working in a team.

Strengths:
I feel that my minimal knowledge about blogs and CSS has helped me. Since I’m the one that have been, kinda, I charged of talking to the DMIT friend who has been helping us, it did help that I understand about blogs and CSS. It was easier for him to explain certain aspects of the blogger template and easier for me to get a picture as well.
Despite the busy schedule and my bad time management, I feel that I’m still able to produce work. Most of the time, I’m assigned to do certain things and although I maybe work it out last min, I usually still get them done. For instance, when we had issues with the blog’s domain, I contacted the friend who has been helping us immediately.

Weakness:
I feel that I have very bad time management. And since DMC has so many projects, I’m unable to get my priorities right. Because social media is like an elective rather than a module, sometimes I leave the blog’s work to the last. And by the time I come to it, it’s already Friday!
Another weakness is probably my incapability to be creative instantly. Lol! I’ve never really been that humanities person. So i always have a hard time trying to think of something creative fast. And it is quite essential to think on the spot fast enough so we wouldn’t waste time. But thankfully I have team mates who can do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment