Friday, January 28, 2011

Vincents CA2 RJ2

1a. One factor definitely would be knowing your target market well. If the target market is not clearly defined and studied upon, then the whole social media marketing campaign would be a complete failure because they might just miss it or not get it at all when the campaign is launched. The target market needs to be known inside out so that the campaign can be carefully shaped in such a way, that there would be maximum impact and response from them once exposed to the campaign.

Another factor would be making your content interesting. With people being exposed to all forms of marketing campaigns these days, be it social media or not, it really has to take something special and interesting enough to grab their attention. The content has to be able to pull the audience’s attention in and make it stay there. Any marketing campaign can have content that is informational and gives a complete idea on what the campaign is about, but few can make it interesting enough for people to actually take a second look and remember it.

An example of a successful social media marketing campaign would definitely be the old spice campaign. The one factor that it did incorporate so well was making its content interesting. And it was not only just interesting, it was really really interesting. The content was so random and had almost completely no relation to the actual product Old Spice, but it worked. Simply because the content of the campaign was so hilarious and viral that people shared it everywhere and wanted each other to know about it.

1b. The factor of knowing our target market well definitely has impacted our execution of the event. It was something we were supposed to get right because we ourselves were roughly in the same age group. As the target market was secondary 4 O level students, it made our age differences only 2 years apart. However, at times we felt that we were quite distant from the target market in terms of interests, which made it quite tough work at first in getting to know our target market. It was only until we did some thorough research into what our target market might like in a campaign and really got to know them well did we proceed on smoother with the planning of the campaign.

The other factor of the content being interesting also had a great impact because of the nature of our target market. The students had a giant vary in interests and also different degrees of a certain interest, so it made it hard for us to set up content that would be able to be interesting enough for most, if not all of the students. That was why we had to understand the target market well, which links back to the previous factor. After much thorough discussion and research were we able to come up with what we thought was the best and most interesting event to reach out and impact our target market.

2. Well I’ll start off with weaknesses. One weakness is definitely not me stepping up and giving ideas or any suggestions as much as I should. Usually I feel that my ideas won’t be as good as the rest of the team and it would make things easier for them if I just listened to them and followed what they said. Another weakness would be me tending to not manage my time very well. Though I would usually be able to submit my allocated work on time, it would usually be at the expense of a lot of sleep time. Most of the time I would have enough time to complete my work within a comfortable period I guess, but then I spend an hour or two doing nothing and I end up rushing out my part. This leads to me being tired or stoned when I then have group discussions or also leads to me being late for class.

As for strengths, well I would say that it would be me being good at receiving instructions and doing work. I believe that when work is allocated among the group, I usually confirm quite clearly with the rest what I’m supposed to do and then get my part done. Another strength would be me being able to be quite easy going when it comes to making decisions. I’m not particularly fussy with anything so it sometimes makes decisions easier in the group.

2 comments: